Position - Quality & Process Improvement Manager
Vacancy - Quality & Process Improvement Manager
Are you an experienced and qualified Quality & Process Improvement Manager looking for a new challenge within a successful company? Would you like to add value by developing a standardised professional approach to quality requirements throughout a business?
If this sounds like you, we can offer you an exciting opportunity to join the UK's leading card manufacturer. As part of a global company (Paragon ID) you will work for a successful business as part of an ambitious yet friendly team.
This role will take overall responsibility for the department’s development, process and procedures throughout all aspects of the company's operations. It will involve creating, implementing and monitoring quality/process improvement policies to promote sustainable development.
The post holder will be tasked with fostering a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of the quality methodology, and the supporting framework to deliver business transformation. This will involve setting standards and assuring the upkeep of the Quality Management System.
The Quality & Process Improvement Manager will also be responsible for the day to day requirements of the quality department and ensure that all quality related issues from both customers and suppliers are processed in a professional and timely matter.
- Develop a standardised professional approach to Quality requirements, throughout the business.
- To recruit, supervise and develop individuals, motivate staff members, and encourage synergy.
- To exceed internal and external stakeholders’ expectations
- Maintenance of the company’s Quality Management System (QMS) approvals to national, international and customer standards, through the provision and maintenance of a QMS for commercial activities, distribution and manufacturing activities.
- Manage the process of the CC’s and NCR’s to ensure that the procedure is conducted with in the guidelines of the business.
- Writing reports and delivering feedback on design, pre-production, and production to check on the quality status of the product at all stages of production and inform the rest of the production team.
- Ensure that any requirements identified from quality complaint procedure is instigated as required i.e. auditing, improvements processes, training etc.
- Develop and implement Quality strategies and action plans, to ensure corporate sustainable development.
- To carry out checks on Quality documentation and monitor out specification products, this is to include all products manufacture on site and subcontracted products.
- To monitor, maintain and improve testing standards.
- Manage and specify areas of responsibility and accountability for the Quality department.
- Identify issues/concerns, and along with other department leaders facilitate process improvement projects, 5s, training/ workshops to drive cultural change.
- To take ownership of change initiatives from evolution/efficiency identification through to project delivery via internal governance and controls.
- To elicit requirements and drive process change using internal data, document analysis, business process descriptions, business analysis and workflow analysis.
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics, troubleshoot manufacturing/ business and logistic issues, material flow, project plans, production capacity, facility design and create process documentation.
- To act as the main point of contact for all Quality matters, from an external / internal customer and supplier perspective and to ensure that any Quality matters are resolved satisfactorily.
- Periodic monitoring, analysis and reporting on the performance of the Quality Management System through agreed metrics.
- To manage the provision, implementation and maintenance of a technical service, supplier database, and customer complaint system throughout the business.
- Monitoring, testing and the documenting of results from manufacturing trails.
- Educated to degree level in an appropriate discipline, or of degree calibre
- Experienced in Quality/Process Improvement focused role within the card production industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Proven people management/development experience
- Excellent levels of communication both internally and externally
- Working in line with the departmental targets /objectives
- Production knowledge
- Track record in delivering process improvement programmes
- Experience in management systems certified to ISO accreditations
- Experience in dealing with a variety of stakeholders
- Influencing and change management skills
- Qualification or experience in lean, six sigma etc.
- Strong IT skills, including process mapping / analysis tools (e.g., Visio)
- Operating at a manager level: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working in a manufacturing environment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality management process: 3 years (Preferred)
- Improvement processes: 1 year (Desirable)
- 26 days holidays plus statutory bank holidays
- AE pension
- Discretionary quarterly bonus - company performance targeted
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and can-do attitude we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please complete the form below, attaching your CV and adding a covering note/letter in the text box provided. No agencies please!