Job Position - Account Manager
Job Vacancy - Account Manager
Looking for an exciting challenge to kickstart your career? We’re keen to talk to ambitious, conscientious, and commercially minded individuals who are interested in joining our client-facing team at Thames Technology.
Do you want to flourish and progress within a fast-paced market leading business that will reward your hard work with training and development, progression, as well as have a very realistic opportunity to earn some fantastic commission?
If this sounds like you, we can offer the opportunity to join a business that is experiencing strong growth and part of a large global player, Paragon Group. The role would give the right candidate an excellent grounding across the business with great potential for progression. If you enjoy speaking to different people every day, find it easy to build strong relationships and can multitask then we want to hear from you!
The Account Manager’s primary role is to act as the first point of contact for our clients, supporting them through their day-to-day operations with Thames Technology, from card ordering and technical projects through to personalisation requirements and, at times, commercial discussions.
It is essential that the Account Manager takes full ownership of the client relationship, with pro-active communication, chairing of regular review meetings (both remotely and in person), identification of new opportunities, coordination of new requirements internally and supporting the Head of Sales with forecasting and planning.
Head of Financial and ID Sales
With 25 years’ experience across a variety of sectors, Thames Technology is one of Europe’s largest and most trusted plastic card issuing partners. With our key values of integrity, quality and responsiveness, we are committed to providing a world class service.
Thames Technology develops, manufactures, personalises and distributes payment, gift, loyalty and commercial cards. Whatever size your programme, we are your strategic partner of choice.
Main purpose of the role
- Continually striving for excellence by building and maintaining strong relationships with customer and internal departments
- To support the business and customer by seeking new opportunities to expand product sales/developments
- Being the front line of representation for the company, whilst ensuring the ethos of the ‘Be World Class’ methodology is demonstrated to the customer at all times
- Liaising with other departments to establish correct/ appropriate information flow, which will ensure the smooth transition of new accounts/projects. Seeking guidance on technical/production issues, which are communicated accurately and professionally in response to any customer queries
- To develop, negotiate, maintain and monitor additional sales of product and associated services within Thames Technology’s client base, whilst ensuring high levels of communications are continuously maintained
- Adhere to the procedures of the department, and ensure that due diligence is followed and is aligned with the SLA’s
- Continually demonstrating, marketing and promoting the most up-to-date improvements and developments of the Thames Technology ranges, whilst ensuring the highest levels of customer service, client rapport and working procedures are regularly rationalised and developed
- Support Head of Financial Sales with client forecasts, tracking individual account forecasts monthly to ensure upturn and downturn is recognised early.
- Ensure all relationships with current clients/customers is retained and developed to their ultimate levels
- Visit customers for SLA review’s and meetings on a regular basis
- Proactively pursue business and development opportunities, whilst adhering to the Company’s Policies and Procedures
- Forecasts and tracks client account metrics
- To manage and prioritise workload while ensuring that the realistic internal targets are met and exceeded
- Address and respond to customer issues in a timely manner
- Proactively creating and closing opportunities with the all customers/clients
- Deliver presentations in a confident and professional manner to both internal and external stakeholders
- To supply pricing to all accounts allocated to defined price guidelines
- Ensure specifications on orders/artwork match the specification on estimate supplied
- Ensure all jobs/projects keep within pricing submitted
- Ensure all additional charges are noted, advised to the customer and charged
- Manage all project scheduling requests (not day to day card only orders)
- Manage all customer complaints through the business to ensure the customer gets a timely and satisfactory response.
- Set up, chair and minute conference calls to review KPI’s or specific project calls
- Support the relevant CSSA’s with technical questions
- Ensure project trackers & reports are sent correctly and on time
- Ensure issues are escalated as required to the Sales contact or Management team
- Attending production meetings and updating where relevant
- Ensuring planning teams are informed with customer production forecast’s
- Attending meetings off site, which may involve an overnight stay.
- Control, research and develop all opportunities which will bring significant profit to the Company’s bottom line.
- Guidance to CSSA regarding day-to-day work requirements
- Accountability for customer queries/requests/replies
- Ensure customer support
- Implement KPI’s and SLA’s to ensure effective service and process improvements
- Drive sales leads and develop customer relationships to drive add on business/return business.
- Excellent levels of communication both internally and externally
- Ability to identifies opportunities to grow business with clients by upselling and cross-selling
- Working in line with the departmental targets /objectives
- High levels of production knowledge
- Managing the account from conception to delivery
- Problem solving and solution orientation
- Building relationships with the customers
- Professionally representing the business, at both internal and external meetings/trade shows
- Offering guidance and support to the team members
- Has dealt with high volume customer accounts, preferable in a production-based environment
- Ensuring services are continually managed to a high level of quality
- Effective planning, time management and internal process control.
- Production of customer reports
- Reviewing of stock levels and project tracking
- Dealing with customer complaints
- 26 days holidays plus statutory bank holidays
- AE pension
- Discretionary quarterly bonus - company performance targeted
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and can-do attitude we'd love to hear from you!
To apply for the role please complete the form below, attaching your CV and adding a covering note/letter in the text box provided. No agencies please!